FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A333 on HKG-CAN! Isn't it insane?!
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:26 am
kamchatsky

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Not exactly a statistically representative sample to question CX/KA's rationale behind their aircraft deployments, is it...? - two flights...

This whole thread is started on a nonsense post by someone who fails to recognise the concept of supply and demand - or rather, demand dictating the deployment of wide-body aircraft (supply) on the route.
The comparison between this and routes in rural Finland just makes it outright laughable..
Whether I catch the 2 flights, or 2000 flights, or even 0 flights, is irrelevant, the fact is that those flights just could not connect to CX flights to Australia well at all.

Like I said, CAN catchment has like 14 million people or more, if CX/KA wants they can bring another 2 A330s for another 2 rotations and they would probably still make money either by connecting pax or cargo. I don't agree with OP of turboprop due to population, but lower cost KA A320s on late morning and afternoon rotations should do the trick.

Now probably the only thing that stops it is slot constraints. However, that doesn't stop CX trying out all these flights to new cities in Europe and then cancelling them. They may as well use those slots to connect more Guangdong traffic to the rest of CX network to make their overall CX network more profitable.