FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:42 am
Worcester

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Another minor one, after I'd turned around at NCL on Saturday lunchtime and was heading back to LHR.

Aussie guy sat in 1D, mid 50's. First of all sat berating the 'faux business class' he'd 'paid good money for' (mainly to himself, no-one was paying him any attention) then during the meal service asked for a red wine and took a mouthful and screwed up his face and left the rest.

CC clearing the trays asked him if he didn't like it, his comment 'French red wine is awful, and that one in particular is right up there with the worst I've tasted. You should be serving New World Reds rather than this French crap. Anyone who likes French red doesn't know any better and needs to educate themselves'

I just sat and looked out of the window trying not to laugh (whilst siping my Fanta Orange, a partcilarly good vintage) and the CC remarked that he was certainly entitled to his opinion.
Reminds me of the time my former boss went off on one about wines saying among other things we has an ABC (Anything But Chardonnay). I asked him what he thought of Pouilly-Fuissé and were treated to a short lecture of the delights of this particular wine and how many bottles he had. The effect though was somewhat damped when someone else pointed out that Pouilly-Fuissé uses exclusively Chardonnay grapes...

I suspect on reflection he had got confused with Pouilly-Fumé but he did look a bit of a pratt. He was on the whole quite a nice chap otherwise.