FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving/Sharing My Business/Loyalty to/with Other Airlines
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:52 pm
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by IStream
Sorry AS, but after years of exclusive loyalty to you and your partners I've decided that you've degraded your Mileage Plan program to the point that you no longer deserve my exclusive business. You've become just like the majors in actual customer experience, even if on paper you still look better. I suspect it's only a matter of time until more folks catch on.
Originally Posted by Moebius
The emotional valence of frequent flyer programs, Alaska's included, does not equal the benefit...
I was MVP Gold for years too, but moving away from SEA plus the implosion of the partner network tore it for me as well. The stripping-down of the AS customer experience is just the cherry on the anti-sundae. The thing is, walking away from elite status feels like a big loss at the time, but not long after you snap out of it, you look back as a free agent and wonder what the hell you were thinking, spending all that time, money, and effort in pursuit of such minimal / illusory benefits. And they amount to less today than ever, at AS and everywhere else.