FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Admirals Club rates increased, new restrictions: 1 Nov 2019
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:49 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by critterchick
I disagree with the "better food" comment as to the AC. We were just in the T5 AC at LAX and the breakast offerings have been cut back. In little ways, such as no more raisin/craisins for the oatmeal, no more bananas. There was something else, but it was so little that I can't remember it.

OP was talking about GATE 5, not Terminal 5. The pathetic AC that remained after the creation of the Flagship lounge wasn't worth stopping in for, IMO, but it's very annoying (to me, anyway) that OWE on other airlines have access to the FL while EXP do not.

DH and I argued this year about whether or not to chase EXP for 2019. I was against and "lost" the argument (we will both make it). I think I'm going to "win" this year. Our spending will go down as we inch toward retirement, so my Barclaycard will be shredded when it expires (he got his this year so has a year's grace period). And we will likely cancel one of two Citi cards and just have a member + authorized used on the other.
Yes and that is the issue I addressed--nowhere did I mention Terminal 5. The AC in concourse C of JFK T8 near gate 42 is no different from AC's in PHX, CLT, ORD, LGA, PHL which I visited recently. That "pathetic area" is no longer an AC, but will be absorbed into the B concourse FL.