FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:40 pm
philemer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mknoebel
We took a flight from DEN-SFO-CDG on United. The SFO-CDG flight was delayed a little over 5 hours. This delay caused us to miss a flight from Paris to Rome on Air France, so we purchased new tickets to Rome on Vueling.
the DEN-CDG and original Air France flight to Rome were purchased with our chase united cards. Is this a situation where Chase’s trip insurance will help reimburse us for the missed flight? I’ve never tried to use it before so any help would be appreciated.
I'm going to move your post into our existing thread re: ...trip cancellations/delays...

Look in the wikipost and you will see:
Trip Delay: This reimburses you for incidental expenses if your travel is delayed, for example by weather, mechanical, or missed connection. It only covers new expenses such as hotel, local transit, taxis, meals, toiletries, clothes, etc. that are caused by the delay. It does not (usually) cover the cost of onward travel or any pre-paid expenses. Max: $500.

Which Chase card do you have? Look in the wikipost again, under FAQs, and you will see how many hours you must be delayed for coverage to kick in. Since your flt was delayed <6 hrs I don't think you're entitled to anything.

I'm guessing UA offered to put you on another flight but you choose to buy a new ticket to get to Rome sooner??

Last edited by philemer; Oct 27, 2018 at 8:46 pm