Old Oct 27, 18, 3:59 pm
pashber

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Alaska, American, United
Amazon Prime Pending at 7/10 Days

I realize this card is not travel related (I already have the CSP and Freedom Unlimited) but wanted to find out if someone knows what is going on with this application, which I submitted on the Amazon site 6 days ago. I was going to buy a digital piano on Amazon for $800 and Amazon currently has a promo where I can get 10% back on the purchase of a musical instrument if I pay with an Amazon credit card. In addition, I would get a $70 credit upon approval. I understand Amazon is not subject to 5/24. In the past 24 months, I have obtained only 2 cards (AMEX Premier Rewards and the CSP) and a store card (Home Depot). My wife has obtained 4 cards (CSP, CSR, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Hyatt) in the past 2 years. I was an AU on AMEX and CSP. My wife cancelled her AMEX in June and removed me as an AU on CSP last week because of this potential prolem with the Amazon application.

Currently, the only AU status I have is on my wifeís Freedom account. She has had this card for many years.

Transunion score is 835, so I assumed Iíd be auto-approved. But instead, I got the 30 day pending. Iíve checked every day since and Iím now down to 7/10, which is normally a rejection. Credit lines on my 2 accounts total $45K, income is $185K.

When I applied for the CSP in February, I was initially rejected for too many applications. I had to call in twice before I got approved, and I think it was because of the AU issue.

One possible complicating factor is that we moved to Hawaii 4 months ago after selling our Seattle house. We are renting a condo but are looking to buy a house. Howver, I have read on other forums that a new address should not be a disqualifier.

Last edited by pashber; Oct 27, 18 at 4:14 pm