FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SLS at Beverly Hills, CA [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:16 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by miles4CDG
We had one of our bottom two SPG stays at this property (the other was at the pre-renovation Park Lane in London.) Party with loud music in the room next door until almost 6am. Security called multiple times to no avail. They did not make the partygoers leave (there had to be 15-20ppl in that room) only asking them to quiet down. Which they did until security left the floor, and then the party started up again. Around 2am they offered to move us, however we were leaving for LAX at 7am. They did comp the night, but that made little difference at that point. In his follow up, the security manager was, shall we say, less than forthright in his assessment of the situation. He obviously forgot folks have mobile phones w/video.

@bhrubin I love St. Regis, however did not find the service at SLS BH comparable. I wonder if that you are Plat Ambassador didn't impact the level of service you received. I was Gold at the time of our stay. Bazaar was definitely a highlight. Thanks for the Somni write-up and pics!
So sorry to hear about your poor night.

I certainly can believe that my Ambassador status (not just having an actual Ambassador) and the fact that I’m a repeat guest has an impact. That being said, I know from many friends and colleagues with no elite status how well they’ve been treated here, too. To me, this property is one of the best, especially considering it’s LA! Our service here on two occasions now has been comparable to that which we’ve received at the Peninsula Beverly Hills, in fact.

I stay at many StR properties, as my reviews list can confirm. I just returned from a stay a few weeks ago at the celebrated StR Florence. The SLS Beverly Hills treated me just as well (but without the butler service I so adore, unfortunately).

I’m therefore inclined to believe that your experience was an exception rather than the rule. I don’t mean to belittle what happened to you, of course. Certainly, I’d have insisted on following up with a senior manager even after the fact for more satisfactory recovery or perhaps a free night stay at another time to make up for such poor security handling of the situation you described.