FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHL Lounge - Which one
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:48 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by DMPHL
Again, my point is that yo expected to be admitted to First Dining, when it is explicitly for BA F passengers. It has nothing to do with hot food/cold food. It has to do with what you felt you were entitled to, when you were not. Maybe BA should provide hot food in the F side of the lounge. They don't. There is no published OWE benefit that entitles you to "hot food," through whatever source.

Yes. And IAD, and ORD, and EWR, and YYZ. You're limited to whatever the lounge provisions for all guests. Only if you are in BA J, or BA F, do you have access to Sleeper Service pre-flight supper or First Dining, respectively.

And the answer is because they're different airlines who offer different things in their lounges? Why don't Flagship Lounges have spas? BA's Lounges do. Why doesn't CX have a sauna? AY does. There's no rule about what food lounges have to provide. They're not treating you differently from other passengers.
Sounds like I have to restate what I wrote because there is a communication gap between us. I did NOT expect to be admitted to First dining. All I wanted was hot food, whether F side or J side, I did not care. On BOTH the F side and J side, BA passengers can have hot food, but QR passengers cannot. So yes the issue is entirely about hot food. And if a specific lounge does not have hot food at all, then so be it. But my issue is that there is hot food in there, but QR passengers are not offered the same as BA passengers. So yes, they are treating non-BA passengers differently than BA passengers.

I don't care about airlines offering different things in different lounges, that's life. But if you are part of OW then I do have an issue if the airline prohibits OW guests from having certain things that other passengers can. Have you seen a spa that guests of the host airline could use, but not you? Can a QR passenger use the AY sauna or are they told it's limited to Finnair passengers?

As far as I know BA is the only airline that limits offerings to non-BA passengers. That's not to say that I have been to all lounges in the world, but please give me an example that suits my argument: which lounge has a differentiation to the product offered to guests inside a particular lounge depending on the airline they fly.

That would be like an airline having alcohol in the lounge and the bartender asks to see your boarding pass to know what is your airline, depending which one it is, you can have a drink, otherwise, then water for you!