FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA data theft: should I join the class action suit?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:09 am
rapidex

Originally Posted by T8191
Although not caught up in "Data Leak 2 - The Incompetents Return", I guess I'll take a chance in exposing my data somewhere else on the Web.

OK, they're suggesting ~£1500, of which they'll take 35% max, but if it buys a bottle or two I'll regard that as fair in our case.

In comparison ... Waitrose. We had a pre-prepared food item with an obscure bit of some sort of packing material (a 'paper' disc about 2" diameter). OH photographed it and sent email to Waitrose, noting that she felt they should be aware - nothing more. She was given a reference number, and asked to visit the local store with the 'hard evidence'. Duty Manager whisks her down to the wine department and insist she chooses a bottle - further compo will follow once Head Office have examined the evidence and contacted the supplier. All she wanted to do was point out a possible production issue!!
Lucky you. My projects manager, a Falklands Islander needed a quick trip to Portugal with his wife to visit her sick mother. As they are on our Friends and Family list I got them a quick LGW-OPO-LGW in CE.
Remembering no good deed goes unpunished I looked up the dates,and bingo BA has me a second time. And no email yet either. I suppose because I did not travel the incompetent idiots dont think I need to be advised.It was my Avios and my Amex for the taxes, so I hope this gets BA an additional fine.