FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Be warned about swiss offers
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:29 pm
Milonga

Be warned about swiss offers

I flew SWISS GRU-ZRH, ZRH-SIN AND ZRH-GRU several weeks ago. I used a United Airlines award ticket for that trip and booked it almost one year before. Shortly after my booking, I bought special seats for all SWISS flights and I paid them in advance US$ 100 for each leg because, since I am elderly, had a CVA and have hypertension, my doctor recommended me to get seats where I can expand my legs, especially when I embark in very long flights. SWISS sent me receipts of the seats that I paid and, trusting them, I went to the airport believing that they were to honor my purchase. They only assigned me a special seat for the leg ZRH-SIN and denied me the other legs because "I was not listed in the computer to have a special seat".

SWISS Airlines airport clerks were unable to help and consistently referred me to their online customer service. Their attitude was cold and fastidious as if I was an old man bothering them, or worst, trying to occupy a seat that I did not pay for.

When we arrived in ZRH my blood pressure went crazy and I stayed at the airport's Transit Hotel for hours trying to relax. The leg ZRH-GRU was terrible because they assigned me a seat in the very rear end of the plane and the flight had several periods of turbulence which made things more unbearable.

Finally, I complained to the airline's customer service and sent a copy of it to the company's CEO. I was immediately answered that the problem was related to "a change of equipment", they returned my money and gave me a voucher for US$ 200 to use in SWISS airlines.

However, they did not explain why they did not alert me in advance about the change of seats, why they did not return my money also in advance if they knew that the equipment was going to be changed, why they did not instruct about the change to their airport personnel and why they did not train their personnel to treat their passengers more respectfully and gave them more problem-solving abilities.

So, please be warned about SWISS Airlines offers, they can rip you off if you do not voice it and they can get you sick for their inefficiency.

Thank you for your attention.