FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott.com website : bugs, glitches and outages
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:14 pm
SOBE ER DOC

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch
That's my fear. If they're not tracking loss of business on Marriott.com, as opposed to loss of business overall, they're not likely to see it, because in addition to corporate travel portals, a lot of smaller businesses (as well as individuals) use Expedia and other consumer OTAs, and those are of course unaffected also, and/or book directly with the hotel. You and I may not want to book at consumer OTAs because we won't earn points, but a big fraction of people who stay at Marriott properties are not Marriott Rewards members anyway, and so if they just look at how fully properties are booked, they may not see any of the issues that the Marriott website is causing only for Marriott members.
Interesting. Hadn't thought of it this way before. Admittedly, I am much more well-versed with the nuances of the value elite travelers have with airlines. Does Marriott generate a significant portion of their revenue and bookings from their elite travelers?