FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:16 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 50Kthehardway
I was going to post this, but I wasn't sure how to summarize the article. I think it's "longer walk, bigger tarp."
I love how every "improvement" the airport brings us just makes the experience suck more.

We're going to improve parking by tearing down the long term garage = parking becomes scarce enough that I don't even try to park at the airport anymore

We're going to improve the offsite shuttle experience by putting you under a tarp after you walk 1/2 way to Akron [I'm sure its only a matter of time before they install a moving sidewalk between the airport and Snow Road parking to call that an improvement...]

We're going to improve security by making TSA PRE only available at the least convenient checkpoint for 2/3rds of the passengers (and having flown AA recently because UA couldn't get me CLE-BDA-CLE on a sane schedule, let alone with a stomachable fare.... ... is up with having AA's counter at the opposite end of the airport from their gates? It's not like there's a scarcity of vacant ticket counter space...]