FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Oct 24, 2018, 10:18 am
Leaping_Deere

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You are certainly entitled to compensation under Article 7, and you're entitled to re-routing. That BMI paid the delta in fares is correct, perhaps generous given what some airlines (won't) do. But I don't think you can extend that to all travel, the re-route provision is intended to get you to your immediate destination. It's not an explicit mechanism to prevent being out of pocket either. I think there is a point worth highlighting here, namely that if force to reroute, one needs to be cautious about how this is done.
Thanks Mr CWS, To be honest I have reached a point where I was prepared to knock the £200 on the head that I'm out of pocket in order to get a result, by the time I mess about with some sort of MCOL or ADR I'll spend that in time etc etc.

I just wanted an opinion on wether I was having the wool pulled over my eyes.

My employer has a very comprehensive travel policy which believe it or not includes personal travel, I may see if that can fill the short fall.