FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tie up GGL to CK
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:38 am
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Jezz
I would prefer to keep my miles with BA. I'm border line to get both if I split the tickets and accounts.
Them's the breaks....no different to how I'm sure long time BA Golds would want to get EXP benefits on AA either (SWUs, free upgrades on domestics etc.)

My recommendation would be to read up the thread on the AA forum to see how you can most efficiently earn Concierge Key with your flight patterns and start crediting accordingly. The BA system is pretty cut and dry, whereas CK is not and looks at revenue and flight patterns. I guess the easiest you could do would be to earn your CCR card and then put everything else on AAdvantage and see how that works out. If you're flying highest cabin available (just a hunch) then you're not missing out on anything that can't be obtained by showing your BAEC card (Flagship Check-In and lounges). If you don't get CK then you'll have a nice chunk of miles that you can use on some of the non-BA partners that AA tie up with, such as Etihad. If you are UK based there are some pretty nice sweetspots for AA redemptions.