FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHL Lounge - Which one
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:44 pm
Vasco Pridat

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by escape4
When was that? I was told in no uncertain terms that I could not have hot food either on the F side or J side in PHL. If I had been allowed to have hot food from the J side then I would not raise this issue at all.
Interesting... first to make one thing clear:

there are TWO different lounges in PHL... one is the BA lounge.. and one is the QR lounge. its just not operating different facilities but the same rooms at different times - but still they are 2 lounges.

my second experience.. QR has booked the lounge (concierge wearing QR uniforms).. and obviously pays less so there plain out is NO hot food for anyone.

at the BA times (BA concierge) BA booked the lounge and offers great hot food for CLUB and a First side with champagne for gold and F dining for F pax...

the PHL BA lounge is kinda limited tho.. So I remember from the Airberlin times about 2 years ago even as OWE we were denied access as AB used a different (KLM?) lounge. I was pretty upset.

3 weeks ago in PHL as BA Gold there was no question we could use the PHL lounge for 3h waiting for AA connection (First side and food from CW - no F dining).

It could still be there rules because they are so small (specially the Club dining side) .. I just never like that they dont post there rules and make it clear! on the OW lounge page not even the opening hours are correct!