FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for 1+ hour wait for room w/ no housekeeping
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:31 pm
ucfjoe

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Remember that the Autographs, in my experience can seem to vary the most wildly in terms of site management (sometimes great sometimes very difficult). I know it’s a pain but if it’s been a few days I’d call and ask to speak with GM (assistant managers had their chance at this point to reach out to you) try and find an email address as well. Half refund seems very reasonable. You’re even Plat, not a Priceline booking! The day manager saying they’ve gotta talk to the night manager (who originally said they need to talk to day manager) is stupid runaround. They need to figure it out and should have gone to the GM wthemselves if necessary.

In my experience, though limited, it’s substsntially more difficult to refund points than actual money being paid not sure why but the one time I recall getting a refund (room downgrade) they wanted to give me an equal amount bonus instead of “refund” I thought they were lying at first but they said it was an accounting thing and they really did post a few days later.

The missing toiletries thing thing is less of an aggrivstion to me as is the time it took the manager to turn the unit. I think just about every management program (at least higher end brands) require mgmt to know how to turn a room and if it really took an hour, I’d say 45 minutes of that was doing something other than cleaning. Maybe it was a system error, maybe it was a late checkout (that they probably charged), maybe the manager had a significant other visit earlier earlier that evening. Doesn’t really matter, they should have either gotten you a room promptly or walked you to another property promptly (which would have certainly gotten the attention of the GM who maybe as of yet is t aware of any issue). 50k points isn’t cheap. I understand you not wanting to say the exact Hotel but you’re really got me curious. Btw, I don’t suppose you got upgraded to the Presidentisl suite or something because I’d probably retract much of what I said...

As an aside, the we can’t give a receipt because you paid with points is really annoying. I’m up to about 100 nights this year and while a low percentage overall there is always a hadful of stays where something extra gets charged and not having a zero balance folio makes it more annoying to the point where I will purposefully charge something stupid to the room just to get a printout.

Last edited by ucfjoe; Oct 23, 2018 at 7:47 pm