FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uber in Istanbul
View Single Post
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:27 am
hfly
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Other than a month or so of controversy around the summer elections, and all the big pronouncements, Uber is functioning perfectly fine in Turkey. Uber in fact has raised the game overall in Turkey...............Uber now generates real time tax receipts which they submit to the Turkish authorities with every ride, it is a real shot across the bow of the ":Taxi lobby" the one that started the whole anti-Uber thing as quite frankly taxis and their drivers are huge tax evaders, and pay almost no tax- in fact like many places the yellow taxi business is just a big money laundering operation. On top of that the serious taxi stands have now been introducing "Luks taksis" which are generally much bigger and better than the existing taxis.

At the height of the anti Uber idiocy in June.July I did have one run in when getting in my Uber at IST, when two young jumped up taxi drivers started causing a hassle. Their big mistake was to call my bluff and call the Police........one was arrested.............as he himself was illegally picking up passengers at the airport, as he was not an airport taxi!