FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHL Lounge - Which one
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:48 pm
DMPHL

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by escape4
I was a BA Gold card holder for 10 years until I finally gave up a few years ago, tired of being treated like dirt. Best decision I ever made - good riddance. However there are some days where BA finds a way to irritate me even when I am not flying with them!

QR Platinum flying J on QR from PHL, the only lounge choice is BA. First off they initially refused my access to the First side and argued that I should only go to the Business class side. After pointing out that OW Emerald should be allowed in First, they finally let me in.

However once in there, I was informed that the hot food is only for BA passengers and that I can only have the snacks (chips, sandwiches, etc.). I find this to be very cheap behavior on BA's part, plus the fact that it lessens QR's J product.

In this case I blame not only BA for doing this, but also QR for accepting a sub-par lounge experience in a OW partner lounge. I think I would feel less annoyed if there was no hot food in the lounge at all, rather than the separate treatment BA vs QR.

I don't know why this upsets you so much. There is not different treatment BA vs QR. BA First Dining is explicitly only for those traveling in F on BA. Everywhere. Always has been like that. Always will be like that. BA Gold card holders do not get access. As a OWE who has politely asked and, without pushback, been granted access to the F side (which does have slightly better sandwiches, snacks, cheeses, wines, etc. than the J side), I found it perfectly acceptable.

That would be like walking into the AA Flagship Lounge as a OWE on a business class ticket and demanding access to Flagship First Dining. If you're upset by it, then it's only because your expectations about what you are entitled to are out of line with reality. As a longtime, BA Gold card holder, you should know this about First Dining in BA lounges.