FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issue with PZ availability
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:01 pm
teryyz

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, Skymiles, HHonors Silver, Marriott Gold
Issue with PZ availability

I called and spoke with a 1K reservations agent this afternoon to ask about PZ (previously known as R) availability that seemed to have broadly disappeared over the weekend, coinciding with the change in fare buckets. I had been planning an upcoming trip and had noted 19 different routing/date pairs on trans-pacific flights that had R>0 last week (I spent wayyyyy too many hours finding these!), only to have every single one change to PZ0 after the change. She did confirm that she had just received a notice indicating that there was an issue with PZ availability, and that they were working on fixing it. She advised to give it about 48 hours for them to resolve it.

In the meantime, she was able to manually find some PZ>0 by searching for PZ space in their award system (she said it didn't show up in the revenue system) - so there is still some PZ space there, just not the same as what was showing last week. Of course I understand that PZ/R space can change quickly, but thought I'd mentioned this in case anyone else was wondering about this as well.

I initially mentioned this in the "Changes to Fare Classes... " thread, though a few people did respond indicating that they were able to find some PZ>0. So there is some PZ>0 available - just not the same as last week, and evidently not what United considers to be the correct space.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...l#post30337676