FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA And Baby Formula
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:15 am
petaluma1

Originally Posted by DG206
Sorry for the noobish question, I searched the forum and found some guidance but looking for first hand experiences and rules seem to keep on changing.

New parent here and we are taking our 3 month old to Hawaii next week and looking at taking formula with us for the plane trip. Typical TSA is not clear and lets agents determine "reasonable" which drives me insane that they won't set a clear limit, but that seems to only apply to the premixed formula I am gathering? Next part of my question is powder formula. We use the Costco powder and TSA recently clamped down on powders but baby formula seems to be exempt.

TL: DR- I don't really want to check a whole tub of it, rather carry on just in case we miss a connection, delays, lost luggage, etc.- would we be ok taking a tub of powdered formula on our carryon? There seems to be a lot of ambiguity around this. Thanks
And the answer is: Who knows? Who knows what the screener you encounter will determine is allowed and is not allowed - it's according to his/her discretion. I read just this morning that TSA took away ice packs being used to keep formula cool on a long haul flight.