FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:00 am
lallied

Originally Posted by ridefar
I am sure as awareness goes up, so does AC's attempt to mitigate abuse. You may be right, thinking back, my claims without form were quite a while ago. Lately with form my claims have been dealt with very quickly, but I definitely got the impression they were checking service logs and Fin #s and such before awarding compensation. Bah. I have always felt I got something fair. But I have never been absolutely completely without options on paid J/C/P/Z/D on a TATL or TPAC fare. I have to say that if I was, the $500 that seems to be AC's latest standard would be woefully inadequate. (Though, to be fair, I am often paying $6k++ for a return TATL fare. And what has been missing in the discussion of compensation is the amount of the original fare; not just fare class but actual amount. I can get a TATL fare for $4k or $12k and I wouldn't expect compensation to be equal for both.)
I have just had two in a row where there were no options other than multiple blankets. And was told quite firmly no compensation without a white form when wrote in. Which is tantamount to being accused of fraud really. And when I asked to discuss with manager/supervisor was told no, (basically suck it up). Each time THIS time the really great crew had made sure I had said white slip to wave (but was still told to wait for another dept to sort out in 30 days.). In the past have had to pester crew to get a form even when they had reset my seat multiple times (including to SYD, and didn’t even both trying to claim for that) . I don’t have the time or energy to keep track of all emails and slips for prolonged periods of time. It’s not worth what’s often < 6 % of the cost of flights. Which makes you think. I do understand that of late there may have been some passengers who sought out known seats, or made an unjustifiable claim, but it still is painful in all sorts of ways to a) sit on a deflated seat of 9 + hours and b] receive emails suggesting malfeasance. Or, it is for me. You guys may have thicker skins.