FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Meal pre-selection / Dine on Demand in TK longhaul business class
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:36 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by airoli
I think this could be especially useful for those midnight-3am departures from IST to Asia. I always found it completely silly that they do the full dinner service at this hour.

Much nicer to go straight to sleep and then have the "dinner" service a few hours before landing.
My regular trip is to Jakarta. I find it best to go with the awkward flow: most eat when food is offered so the foot traffic and the lights mitigate against a peaceful sleep between 3am and 5am, when dinner is served.

It would be far better if they simply adopted a "sleeper service approach". Drinks and a light meal (without the faff and without full lights) after take off, then a full meal service starting three hours out of Jakarta (where the landing is early evening).

The argument that there are so many time zones among passengers is specious. Far better to help them get into synch with the destination. Breakfast at 5pm Jakarta time doesn't help.