FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amman - Q. about transit visa and hotel for stopover
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:20 am
Frequentflyer99

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Amman - Q. about transit visa and hotel for stopover

I will be transiting AMM shortly, on flights that arrive a little over 24 hours between scheduled arrival and departure, but less than 24 hrs between passing through immigration (having waited for checked baggage) and outbound passport control (if I check in well before my outbound). Does anyone know if this will entitle me to use a free transit visa or will I have to buy a tourist visa ?

Are there places to exchange into JD before / after immigration, or even better, a hole in the wall cash machine ?

As my inbound flight will be landing just before midnight and the outbound leaving just after, in a perfect world I would like to find a hotel in central Amman from which I can do some sightseeing, which will take account of my late (probably 1 AM) arrival and give me a room for 24 hours (or at the least, a free 18.00 checkout), rather than booting me out at lunchtime or charging me for a late checkout. Preference would be 5*, but a 4* might do. Are there any hotels that offer this sort of deal (BTW, the 'Airport Hotel' does not look like a suitable option for quality / location reasons) ?