FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems with 48-Hour Guaranteed Availability and "Corporate Clients"
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:23 pm
bookeew

Programs: LH Senator, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GoPhils
Did you speak with the GM (or some other manager)? An FDC saying they have “corporate clients like every week” sounds like it could be some college student or something that may not know what they’re talking about (even if they go to Princeton)
I was unable to, but I will be escalating this with Marriott and possibly dropping by the hotel also.

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I think the issue is you were going through a travel agency.

If I book 48 hours out through the website, it doesn't show that I'm getting an override ... it just shows that its available. I can sometimes tell its an override because its a rack rate -- sometimes outrageous, sometimes reasonable.

But ... I'm not sure you'd see anything through Concur or a travel agent.

But, we're busy doesn't get an exception in the Marriott world .... its s Super Bowl, Sweet 16, Oracle World, type thing to get the exception.
Online worked for Marriott properties for me in the past, but this SPG property did not show any availability. For Marriott properties, it did show different availability when I am logged in or not in the past, but I haven't made the same experience with SPG properties.

The corporate travel agent called both Marriott global and the hotel with explicit instructions to call and knowledge of the benefit. I've been told that Marriott global attempted to force availability but apparently could not.

On your last point: that's what I thought and expected, but this doesn't seem to be the case here.

Interestingly, the hotel now lists some room at $204/night for the night in question (10/22 to 10/23), but if I am trying to view the rates, it throws me back as "Sorry, currently there are no rooms available at this property for the dates you selected. Please try your search again."

Possibly one of the SPG properties with legacy inventory management until they force them over December 11th?

Last edited by bookeew; Oct 21, 2018 at 9:26 pm Reason: Added inventory mgmt sentence