FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London-Vancouver-Smithers Connection Questions
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:28 pm
marcs55

London-Vancouver-Smithers Connection Questions

Hi,
I booked an itinerary on Air Canada from LHR to Smithers via YVR. When I booked it the connection time was 2 hours, but then Air Canada moved the time of the second flight so now I will only have 1 hr and 20 minutes in Vancouver. This itinerary is on Thursday January 22nd:
AC 855 from LHR lands in YVR at 4:05pm
AC 8564 from YVR to Smithers at 5:25pm

I need to be in Smithers by midday on the following day latest. There is an Air Canada flight the next morning but to change to that flight now would cost $200. (I feel that should be free but it's only free if the schedule change is more than 2 hours, which is annoying) Obviously if I miss the above connection Air Canada would just put me on that flight the next morning for free, but if that flight is full, then I will be screwed.

What do you guys think? Firstly, what are my chances of making that connection in 1 hr and 20 minutes at that time? Or should I just take the stress out of it and change to the flight the next morning in case it gets booked up and I could end up stuck in YVR?

Many Thanks!
Marc