FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM to Manila via Taipei - Lounge access in Taipei
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:30 pm
atflyer

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Andrew_G
Leave the aircraft at Taipei, pass security, go to the lounge (which is quite ok) if there's time. At MNL, T3 is the best terminal on almost all counts, but none of the lounges are anything to write home about. Most of the T3 dining/retail facilities are landside, and you can also walk across the NAIA "Runway Manila" to Newport City if you like. On my recent trips, MNL has offered a far better experience than MAN (which says a lot about MAN's shortcomings).
Hhhm...having done this 2 times I would say the TPE lounges are quite ok. Yes, you have to leave the aircraft and reboard through security with your hand luggage (not customs) as if you are on a connecting international flight. If there is time you can have a good time in the lounge where they have cooks serving noodles on demand, etc. (come for that at Schiphol and even Paris CDG...) PS no experience with arrival at MNL but the lounge I got when boarding the KL flight to AMS was ok.