FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thailand Honeymoon Help for Nov/Dec 2018
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:43 am
bagold

Programs: BA LTG GGL, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT
Originally Posted by SantiC
What did you end up deciding for Koh Samui, Chiang Mai, and Bangkok? I am planning my honeymoon for July / August 2019.

We decided on the Conrad Koh Samui, though a bit out of the way, the reviews were great and views look stunning. For ~$600 a night versus FS at ~$1,200, it seems like a much better value. I will also note I am Hilton Diamond status so hoping to take advantage of that.
We are still trying to decide on Chiang Mai between Pillars, FS, and Dhara. I cant decide which one offers better value. From a price standpoint, they seem relatively similar and frankly, we wouldnt mind being outside of the city so the FS seems like a good option.
For Bangkok, since the merger of Marriott and SPG happened (I am Platinum Elite), we are looking at properties like the JW and the St Regis. That said, I have heard amazing things about the Shangri-La right on the water so may do that.

Would be great to hear what you did!
I'm just back from 1st stay at FS Samui. Have to say one of the best FS in terms of service I've ever had. I felt they were getting close to Aman touches. As soon as you mention something they make sure it is there every day for the rest of our stay. For example, favorite table at the restaurant, type of snacks, I love chocolate and upon check-out gave me a whole box home-made for me to take on the plane to eat. Love using the FS app to arrange everything. Never had to call.

Never stayed at Conrad Samui but other Conrads. If money isn't major concern, I would pay more just of the service and quietness at FS!

For BKK, I've done St. Regis... while nice I would say it was sterile. Shangri La on the river is much better from that point of view.