FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:30 am
TangoFive

Originally Posted by TangoFive
I've had somewhat of a nightmare with flights over the weekend which was ultimately due to this BA hacking.

I booked BA redemption flights from UK > Spain using my AMEX.
I booked Iberia economy flights from Spain > UK using my AMEX.

Once the BA hack happened, I received an email stating I'd been one of the unlucky ones. I cancelled my AMEX and ordered a replacement card, just to be safe. The new AMEX card hadn't arrived by the time I flew out to Spain. I had disposed of the old cancelled card.

I went to check in to my Iberia flight back to the UK on the weekend, and was told the system had flagged that I must show the physical card to check-in. Iberia were not willing to waive this rule at all. A long story short, they refused to let me board the plane.

I had to pay £300 to get a last minute EasyJet flight to a different London airport, and then arrange to get from Gatwick to Heathrow.

All in all, it's cost me around £400 and a headache. I'm sure it's going to be a huge hurdle to try and get BA to pay the £400 also, so I've written it off as a life lesson.
BA have not yet replied to my complaint regarding the above. It's been 3 weeks so far.

I made my bank aware of the issue, and they refunded the original Iberia flight cost which was £150 for the flights I could not use. I'm not sure if that voids my complaint now, however £150 is better than nothing I guess.