FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T3 arrival, T5 departure. CX lounge?
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:25 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by aama
Any recent experiences this T3-T5 connection, but visiting the CX lounge in T3? I have itinerary like this next week and have 5hr layover which I'd rather mostly spend in CX rather than T5 GF lounge.
Well I'm in T3 and T5 from time to time, and yes on arrival you can go through Flight Connections T3, through security and then on to the lounge. If it is a BA T5 departure it's not guaranteed that the agents will let you in, but I haven't seen any reports of declines. You then have to leave the lounge about 90 minutes before departure (to give you a margin), head to the AA lounge, follow the signs to Flight Connections T5, bus to T5 and then security again in T5. Personally I wouldn't bother with this hassle - you get a fairly similar experience in Galleries Club T5B frankly, so I'm not endorsing it, but that's the process.