FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:51 am
woglet86

Programs: BA GGL
Hi,

I was due to fly LHR-GLA on 5th Oct at 0945. Around 9pm the night before, I was notified the flight was cancelled. I called to rebook and was advised this was due to fog. The agent advised he wasn't sure if it was fog that was expected on the day of my flight (Friday), or whether it was Thursday's fog that had left aircraft out of position. As far as I could see, no other flights to Glasgow were cancelled on the day I was due to fly.

I was rebooked on a 7am flight LCY-GLA departing 2 hrs 45 mins earlier than planned and arriving about 3 hours earlier (apologies I don't have exact timings). This was the only option available that would get me to Glasgow on time.

I'm trying to understand:
- whether this type of cancellation and re-routing is eligible for compensation; and if so
- whether, based on what I was told about weather, there might be any liability, and whether there is additional detail I would need to find out about the exact cause of the cancellation

My understanding is, weather issues aside, it would be EUR250 since re-routing left more than 1 hour earlier.

Any advice appreciated!

Many thanks