FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Concierge: What have they done for you?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:01 pm
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Nash_Andrew
Quick shout out to the concierge for all their help in planning a ten-day Greece trip for me. I had flights/hotels booked and they did everything else. They booked great restaurants in each location, hotel transfers to and from the airport/port on each island, a tour guide through our hotel in Athens, and a dune buggy rental on one of the islands. The key is specificity and guidance in your emails, and providing them with permission to use your info and permission to make a backup plan if the first thing you want isn't available. Overall (granted there are exceptions), it's generally less about the specific things they can achieve for you, and more about the efficiency with which they can achieve it relative to you spending your own time to do it. Particularly as relates to international trips I have found that they are invaluable for connecting with local locations overnight (due to time differences) and in places where websites aren't an option (calling restaurants in Japan for me, for instance).
Did you book the flights and hotel on the Amex platform, or completely independently? Thanks.