FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Something has changed related to loading reloadable cards at WM **for me**
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:07 pm
pharmawalk

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Something has changed related to loading reloadable cards at WM **for me**

Not sure what is going on, but a reliable loadable card has been declined (trying to load using MCGC from GCCom) yesterday and today at walmart with the little short slip that says 'debit not approved call authorizer'. Everything worked normally changing the tender with the MCGC and i tried twice at register and once at the customer service desk. When I looked at the card balance after returning home on GCCom, it showed that the 500 was subtracted and then 500 added back three times and I still have a 500 balance. I haven't tried my other loadable cards yet because I have exceeded their limits for the month.

Could anyone who uses this particular method comment on this and indicate whether it has happened with you or comment on what this might mean?

*Relevant factor: when i went to the customer service desk, i began by asking if something had changed with reloadable cards and they said "not that we know of", but we do have a new money order and bill pay policy. I asked what hat was and was told the same information that has been going around related to MO and BP limits and reporting.

Edit: I went to another small time location (after checking the balance on the card) that I know I can buy a $500 money order for .75c and the card that was declined 3X at WM worked perfectly fine, so it's not a problem with the MCGC per se.

Edit 2: I'm not going to call the reloadable card company until I drain the account -- so won't be able to call until Monday.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Oct 19, 2018 at 5:16 pm