FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:45 pm
robchow

Originally Posted by crapz1
I just received my cards a couple days ago. They required copies of last two paystubs. I applied on my own with mid $100k income and was denied because they felt debt/income ratio was too high with mortgage. Had to add and verify DW's income (higher) to the application to get approved. To my surprise, the cards arrived with a $50K CL. It was probably one of the most involved CC applications I've done but I'm just glad to have it now.
Thanks for the data point. Are you and your wife co-applicants on the credit card (with the 3 AUs option)? Does each co-applicant $250 airline credit?

Based on this data point, it would appear that our (wife's and mine) combined income will need to be on the application to at least be considered (we also have a mortgage). But two cards might be better as mentioned by inY
Originally Posted by inY
Does co-applying mean the applicants can't apply individually? Because it's better to just get two accounts with different applicants.
Or maybe another option, if can meet the income requirement, is to have one primary and add the other spouse as AU?

They checked debts too?