FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skymiles account hacked, points drained
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:31 pm
jinglish

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by slidergirl
Well, 10 days out and not a peep from Delta. Not even an automatic response to my emails. And, I'm still locked out of my account.
To add to my frustrations, I found out Thursday that someone had hacked into my Xfinity account (not sure how, since I have the 2-step login and a very esoteric security question) at 4:30am, got to my FB account (with a NOT common password), and got to my AirBnB account that I access via FB. They booked a nice trip for themselves to the tune of $1400. To their credit, AirBnB took just 3 hours to investigate and deem the charge bogus and cancelled it and reversed the CC charge. AMEX also looked very quickly and worked with AirBnB. The person who hacked my Xfinity left their email address as the "primary" address on the account - dumb. Xfinity was hard to work with to re-secure my account - had some guy in the offshore office and kept trying to say there was nothing they could do since I had all their security features already... I spent all day calling my card companies to put holds on all charges unless I approve. So far, this AirBnB was the only one.
With that many breaches without any apparently common passwords, I'm starting to wonder if you might have a keylogger on one of your devices.