FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Got insurance as part of avis.com rental, but local office won't cover damage cost
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:31 am
nomiiiii

Got insurance as part of avis.com rental, but local office won't cover damage cost

So I rented a car on Avis.com for cape town, and it included the damage insurance (except tires/windshield) as part of the contract.
There was minor scratch on car bumper, and the local cape-town office eventually charged my credit card $100 or so.

Contacted them saying "hey we had insurance", they agreed we had insurance as part of the contract, but since it was bought on Avis.com (instead of through their local office or whatever) they said to talk to Avis corporate.

Talked to Avis corporate/sent them message, and their international-liason or whoever manager simply referred the case back to local office, who ofcourse said "we'll charge for the damage since insurace wasn't bought avis.co.za local site so contact avis corporate". Long story short, since local avis cape town office won't reverse the charges, Avis corporate headoffice person replies back to me saying the charges are staying.

Am I supposed to just eat this cost now? This was only $100, but what if it was major damage which should've been covered by LDW. I don't want to run a credit card dispute because that puts on you their do-not-rent list, so I'm honestly not sure what my options are.