FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fare classes
Thread: Fare classes
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:21 am
Shamrock86

Programs: Aerclub,ba executive, flying blue, miles and more
Originally Posted by mccartje
To be fair I'm not sure if this is fully EI's fault. Your R fare from MUC although priced the same overall as that from LHR will have earned EI more in ticket fare I think and hence was a higher R class fare earning more TPs. The A class fare price total from LHR will have been made up of higher taxes and fees (I think due to geographic area, specific airport fees among others) and EI would have earned less from the ticket fare I believe so therefore it was a lower class A fare earning 7.5 TPs.

I agree it would be better if fare breakdowns were more easily accessible and easier to understand in general leading to less confusion for passengers, I struggle myself even though I fly most weeks.
Yes exactly, I mean I wouldn't consider either of the flights I mentioned to be 'promotional or sale' fares. And for people self funding it makes it very difficult to go anywhere in aer club it seems. You basically have to pay at least a plus fare, most of the time you don't even need the check on bag. A fairer way would be based on number of flights like some other programs do.