FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIXT CPH (Copenhagen) twilight zone
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:51 am
codfishcandy

Programs: National/Sixt/Miles&More/...
Originally Posted by heraclitus
man oh man I don't think I have ever come across a rental agency with such terrible reviews
The problem is that none of those reviews are objective, and they don't fully represent the userbase. People will typically only voice their opinion when they are dissatisfied. This thread of yesteryear is a bit the case in point. OP stated he had been lurking for three years and renting multiple times, to then break the silence when a mishap occurred.

I can't speak for the CPH location, but I've been to a number of Sixt locations, some of which have gotten horrible reviews, but when I went through my experience has so far (knock on wood) been without problems. The other recommendation in this thread to always go with LDW with excess of 0.00 is also a fairly good one. Renting with that insurance shuts you off from them trying to claim such type of damages against you. (If you drive long distances roadside protection may also be worth the money because it means windshield and tire damage is also covered.)