FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:35 pm
MarkP24

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by slsdi
I have an OC8. I called Marriott to see if I can upgrade (and I assume pay some additional points) to NC6 because the hotel I want to use it at now is cat 6 (it was 8 pre-merger). After being on hold with one rep forever who thought maybe she could help but finally said she could not do that, she transferred me to supposedly a supervisor. He absolutely would not even let me speak beyond my initial explanation of what I wanted and continued to very rudely talk over me. I then asked for his name, and he wouldn't give it to me but he hung up instead. I then got an email saying my OC8 is cancelled - something I NEVER asked for!

I am beyond mad about the rep who would NOT let me speak, and I was on hold for over 90 mins only to have no resolution but instead my OC8 cancelled, something I did not want unless I was getting a new cert issued (preferably with some type of upgrade since obviously it's possible). I want my problem solved, but I really, really want to complain about that rep.
Yikes! In addition to not resolving your issue that hold time is crazy!!