FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best use of upgrade certs @ Fairmont SF
View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:01 am
Ramonmv

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes and no.

1) While the Fairmont SFO may regularly offer 3rd night free promotions, this is certainly not true for most Fairmonts
2) Any xth night free promotion is always based on the fully flexible "Daily Rate"

On the other hand, the 3rd night free cert can be combined with almost any discounted rate, so you're still getting a higher discount.
Really? The 3rd night free can be combined with other promos? Interesting, but still no way I'd get as good a deal as paying 2 nights for a Fairmont Room or even the room I booked, and then getting a suite for 3 nights.
And that promo would have to include a Fairmont Room, correct? And now Fairmont SF is telling me there's a citywide convention that week, and they don't allow certificates to be used in such a case. Hmm. not listed on the blackout dates, and that's a weekend, plus a holiday on Monday. A convention those 3 days? Still plenty of higher-priced room and suites, last I looked.
I think they just don't want my business. Why is it all the better companies get bought by the mediocre ones? (Virgin/Alaska, SPG/Marriott, Fairmont/Accor)
The Sonoma location just isn't quite nice enough to use the certs on, and the Claremont in Berkeley gets mixed reviews, and is out of the way for me.

But thanks for the info.