FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying with hidden disabilities
View Single Post
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:34 am
Stez

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
No need to have to have each and every Film/TV from IFE offerings subtitled, just a suitable selection of full complement with subtitles is needed.

Some airlines offer greater choice than others, but i'd struggle to watch more than 2 full length 2hour films even on a 12hour flight
Which would be fine if the subtitled films are rotated, but in the CC section of BA's IFE, there's quite a lot of films that have been around for months, so if one is regular flyer, the choices become limited very quickly compared with "mainstream" choices.

As for TV shows and box sets, I've never seen one subtitled across the airlines.

I've learned to simply download plenty of Netflix shows, after all the IFE isn't 100% reliable, never mind the subtitles availability.

In the last 10 years, BA has greatly improved their subtitling options and was one of the first airlines to group subtitled movies into a CC folder (I know this as I was in contact with the guy responsible for IFE at Waterside). BA also provides a folder for Audio Description films for partially sighted people.