FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry / NEXUS Citizenship Update Procedure
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:24 pm
lfcfan

Originally Posted by lfcfan
While waiting for my bags at the carousel, I figured it'd be a good idea to walk in at the Global Entry in IAD to update my passport info. I am too a recent LPR -> USC. Having read this thread before I knew what to ask for. I wrongly assumed I was going to be speaking with an officer. I was instead, taken the passport, asked to wait in the waiting area, returned the passport after 20 minutes, and being told "it's all done". I asked the lady who took/returned my passport if my green card info had been removed, she said yes. Two days later I log in on the website and I see both US passport and green card. ...!

I can do another walkin at some point, just that it's very inefficient. And since there's absolutely no recourse through the website, the walkin becomes pretty much mandatory.

Update:

had to do another walkin. Told the officer what the issue was, he brings me in, looks it up then shakes his head in disbelief. Then he removes GC and leaves only passport info. Shows me the screen to confirm.
Basically, if you need to do an LPR->USC conversion, make sure, absolutely sure, that they REMOVE the GC info and leave only passport.