FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issues with FlyerTalk Expert Hotel Reviews? Report them here!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:47 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by IBThomas
Depending on how busy our schedules are, a review can take a day or two to get up now that the backlog is cleared.
What is the internal process by which hotel reviews make their way to the master map (or not)? It seems to be a manual process; a few months ago I raised this issue and was told it got fixed when the "backlog" got cleared. However now a couple of months have gone by, and it seems to be back as it was: it takes nowhere near 1-2 days for reviews to show up in the master list. In fact it looks like reviews are left hanging for several weeks (at least according to those I wrote), and I wonder if I did not ask the question in this thread I suspect they would never make it to the master list. So is it really a backlog issue or rather some other cause which makes reviews fall through the cracks?

It's not that big a deal really but if FT is going to bother having a hotel review section, then a basic function is for such reviews to show up on the master list to allow search functionality, otherwise we have to search for individual properties in individual threads which is not as convenient and not as user-friendly. That's the entire reason of being for the hotel review section, but right now if my reviews are not showing up on the master list, I suspect many reviews of other FTers are not going there either and that I am not an exception. So it appears as if it's not working as well as it should.