FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:16 pm
Aero137

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband received a card in the mail offering 20K Marriott points if he upgraded his Marriott Rewards card. He would get an annual 35K points free night as opposed to 25K and his annual fee would rise just $10. It made sense to me so I used the link (marriottrewards.com/upgrade) to accept the offer. Imagine my surprise when the offer popped up as 50K points. He has to make a single purchase by Dec 31 2018 to get the points.
Yeah, DoC (updated post here: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...-30000-points/) reported that they increased the offer for many people. This prompted me to review and accept the upgrade.

I was considering waiting until my anniversary in Feb (coinciding with my drop below 5/24), canceling, and getting the bonus as a new account. But between wanting to pick up the Amex Gold and getting the decent upgrade offer, I went with the upgrade instead.

As an aside, any data points on when the upgrade bonus posts? I believe new card bonuses usually post at statement close. Wondering if this is the same mechanism.

Last edited by Aero137; Oct 16, 2018 at 3:17 pm Reason: added citation