FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:31 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
It's too soon to know if you will, or will not, receive bonus points in those instances. All we know now is that the preview function doesn't show them. There also doesn't seem to be any evidence to support the notion that 50% of the transactions will be affected.
The Preview DOES show the category bonus, but it is NOT immediately. It has a few days delay.

Also you would need to CLICK OPEN the transaction details to see it. There is NO indicator next to the transaction but once you open the details, the frame next to it DOES SHOW the earning if the transaction is posted 4 to 5 days at least.

So far ALL grocery stores and restaurants have been working as expected on my card.

If you are looking for the indicator right next to the transaction, it will NOT show on either preview or the regular format. Those boxes would only show on the CLOSED statement activities.

The other method someone described by checking the upcoming statement activities, do NOT work for my account whether with Firefox or with Chrome. It simply does not show any indicator next to each transaction, the transactions themselves cannot be opened either. But the Preview / open details of transaction,

There is a local grocer specialized in fresh fishes flown in from Caribbeans do NOT earn category bonus on AMEX Cards. It earns the category bonus on ALL Visa cards. So there are a hundred or so grocery spend each month would not benefit from the extra 2 pts from AMEX (TD Visa is 3 at ding 2 at grocery store Worldwide, No AF and 0 forex fee)

I am not convince the $250 AF is worth to pay despite the offsetting airline credit (just piling more GCs into already a pile that has not been used once), plus the $10 monthly credit requires extra effort to earn. Of course others who can easily use those offsetting credits would have a different take.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 16, 2018 at 2:51 pm