FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Marriott [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:09 am
huynhc

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
I have stayed here twice now since the start of October. First time, I waited over 20 minutes to check-in....in the elite line. One agent for the elite lines and three at the normal check-in. The line for the regular crowd was busier and I was next in the elite line but apparently behind a DYKWIA demanding a suite upgrade. I felt like the regular desk agents should have waved me over since I was waiting forever after 10PM with a one-year old infant strapped to my chest. Room was not upgraded but had an elongated entryway so was great to store luggage there. Room was small but adequate for an airport stay. M club bfast was mediocre and busy. Staff was attentive and exchanged plates and food out to keep with demand.

Second stay was coming back from vacation and was horrible. Waited over an hour for a shuttle and when one finally came it was full! It was around 10PM at night and I was livid (again with a 1yo strapped to my chest). I took the Hilton shuttle and carried 6 bags with the wife to the Marriott. Luckily the valet agent saw me struggling to get all my bags up the driveway incline and rushed down to help. He was a glimmer of hope. For this stay, I redeemed 2 SNA to a one bedroom suite. However once I got there they downgraded me to a junior suite (I did not select that as a SNA option). Usually I don't care for upgrades but if I put a SNA in for a particular room type and it clears, it should be honored. I could have used it at countless other stariott properties to secure a suite when I travel with the baby. I spoke to the manager who offered a hospitality suite on the first floor after much pushback. I appreciated the effort but their SNA system needs work. The M club staff was great in the morning. We were looking for whole milk for the baby and the lounge didn't have it and so the attendant went down to Starbucks for us and grabbed us whole milk.

If it wasn't for the two wonderful staff at the valet helping with my luggage and the m club attendant I would never stay at this property again. But the hard work of those two employees really stood out to me and would make me re-consider the Marriott lax as an option (only on outbound flights as waiting for the shuttle on arrival is ridiculous).

In short, although the hotel looks much more modern and clean after the renovations, the lack of service and especially shuttle service makes this airport hotel an epic fail.