FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Infuriated by Qatar upgrade process
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:17 am
purple1addict

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
I had a good experience recently, upgrading online using my Qcredits. In the past it's been a big problem, as others have indicated here. So, I was literally in cold sweats a I purchased a $1K ticket in economy and immediately proceeded to try and upgrade it to business with Qcredits. I knew there was availability as I had checked prior to paying for the economy ticket. Thankfully, it all went through smoothly and I was instantly upgraded. Their system really is hit or miss.
I agree. It's worked like a dream for me too. The major problem is finding award availability...

That aside, the online process in my experience is so much better than the old form submission where you had to fill in the request form, then wait for an email 3 days later to generally tell you there was no availability (or if you got lucky then having to call within X hours to pay taxes or risk losing the upgrade).

Much prefer the new system so far - although I have yet to suffer a failure - but I do wish QRPC would still help with telephone upgrades and opening of award space for elites like they used to.