FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GA gave away upgrade at gate to PAX lower than me on upgrade list
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:00 am
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Seems hard to argue for downgrade compensation when he wasn’t upgraded. He never had a F seat. Should get token compensation though.
Not difficult. If the GA was doing as he/she should, OP should have been upgraded to F, without complaining here.

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Let’s say flight is originally scheduled for 7pm. T-15 is 6:45p. Flight gets delayed a bit. UA often will tell passengers to stay in boarding area as estimated departure time may change. I think the concept of T-15 is a bit vague at that point. Again, not saying GA did job right, just saying concept of T-15 is a bit foggy.
In many times, CPU are processed when the passengers are nowhere near the gate, at least my experience did not suggest otherwise. The presence of the passenger at the gate, IMHO, is not relevant to CPU. FWIW - a passenger can still be in the UC when the upgrade is processed.

It is not an instance that the GA eventually offloaded OP. I believe the T-30/15 or whatever is irrelevant for this case.