FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A321T / 321T “32B” Transcon JFK <--> LAX / SFO Upgrade Success / Help
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:11 pm
DMPHL

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by krakendown
I had to get this off my chest as I felt cheated. On our return journey (AA32 10/13) we get to LAX like usual check in our bags and head through security at this point, I'm on the upgrade list as #1 and EF is telling me F0 J1 so I'm pretty happy going to the gate safe to say. We head to the FL and make a pit stop. Check again and ask the ladies if business is all checked in, "No 1 seat is empty". Meaning not sold. So far so good again and still #1 . We start heading to the gate about 20 minutes since its LAX. No delays as well, Great! Gate starts making their announcements about carry-ons, etc. Still #1 . Now this is when things get interesting, I was about to go to the gate agent to remind her aobut upgrades and low and behold a new name pops up and now I'm second. I was flabbergasted to say the least. I asked the gate agent if she's processing upgrades and she says yes and up until that point I was #1 and was thinking of clearing when I was going to speak to her. I could see there was no opportunity now. I guess my question is there something I could have done as EXP or do CK's get that much leeway in terms of upgrade priority.
I imagine anyone who would normally be above you on the upgrade list would get priority right up until the moment they clear the upgrades. CK, EXP with higher rolling EQD, EXP using Miles/SWU, displaced passenger...