FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:20 am
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by matravelguy
What's been everyone's experience with posting times for points from this promotion? Do all promo points post at the same time? Do any post concurrently with your stays?

I'm asking because I have a recent Westin stay that lists 3000 "extra" points in the activity breakdown. The problem there is that it should be 1000 Platinum gift + 2000 two-night promo + 1000 different brand promo = 4000. I'm trying to figure out which of these categories of points is missing.

For what it's worth, I have not gotten the 1000 different brand promo points for any other stay so far (I've had multiple eligible). This was my first 2-night stay during the promo period so I don't have any experience for that.
It's been posted a few times that the last time Marriott ran a brand promo, those points posted at the end of the promo. So I'm going to guess you got the Plat gift and the 2 night bonus. Isn't it great the way Marriott can't break down the points in the "EXTRA" category?