FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why stay with Cathay Pacific....
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:55 am
Arbeysix

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
I well appreciate the comments about the inconsistency of the soft product often voiced in these threads however periodically I experience service from CX cabin crew that is at least the equal of the best out there. I had such a flight yesterday in PEY Aus to HKG during which the Y cabin crew, and in particular the SP in charge did an outstanding job of keeping an unusually demanding PEY cabin happy. This included the generous supply of beverages from J to a group of particularly thirsty pax; addressing the needs of others whose special meal orders had gone awry; professional and sensitive handling of concerns about missing connecting flights in HKG etc. For those concerned that CX does not treat its own DMs well enough relative to other OWE, there was no evidence of this at all on this flight. I was surrounded by OWEs (mostly QF) but was clearly and very subtly given "special" attention throughout the flight. While unfortunately this level of service can be inconsistent, when received it is hugely appreciated and a strong incentive I think to stay loyal.